Yes, it is technically April and we should be beyond warm savories like chili. Today’s weather gives us one more chance to enjoy our delicious chili. Enjoy!
Here is the recipe. This amount of ingredients makes enough chili to serve 8 people. Ingredients include:
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 1 pound ground turkey
– 1 onion chopped
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 can (28 ounces) of crushed tomatoes (I’ve also used diced tomatoes and those work too.)
– 1 can (16 ounces) of kidney beans
– 1 tablespoon of minced garlic — it’s about two/three cloves
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot, add olive oil and cook ground turkey. Once turkey is just about cooked, add in onions and let them get tender, five minutes or so.
Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes and kidney beans (drained). Add garlic and spices. Stir and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, turn the stove to simmer and let if cook for at least one hour.
Serve with sour cream and cheese. The fresca quesa we had at the cookoff was very good. Also, the corn bread with it was wonderful!