DotOUT is a nonprofit, community-based, all-volunteer organization of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) Dorchester and Boston residents and friends engaged in civic, charitable, political and social activities. Since 2004, our local LGBTQ community has worked with other community leaders to weigh in on relevant issues of our time, enhance quality of life in Dorchester, and support the ideals of acceptance, inclusion, fairness, and equality.
About Your Support
Sponsor support of DotOUT allows us to help “connect the dots” through collaboration with diverse Dorchester groups and LGBTQ organizations, host and participate in signature events, and give back to the community through modest donations to impactful local nonprofits. Previous beneficiaries include: Boston Partners in Education, Kit Clark Center for Senior Citizens, Dorchester Historical Society, Boston City Singers, PACT, Dot ART, St. Mary’s Center for Women and Children, La Red/The Network, DotHouse Health, Dorchester Youth Collaborative, It Gets Better, BAGLY, and All Dorchester Sports and Leadership.
In this year during the pandemic, and with the struggling movement towards social change and police reform and so much as stake for our community and Dorchester, we are aiming to spotlight and support our sponsors in their recovery. We are only asking for sponsors to allow us to help spread the word about their current state and how our members can engage to support local businesses.
Your Sponsorship Matters
- During our path to hopeful recovery, explore opportunities to partner with nonprofit organizations offering employment assistance, access to food and social services.
- Help us with grassroots volunteer projects to supply food, education and computer assistance to those in need.
How DotOUT Connects
- DotOUTs previous live political forums showcasing candidates for local elections were standards in years past but in this new age, we look toward virtual events around the senate race. In this banner year, increasing local voter registration is more important than ever. Additionally, phone banks to engage swing states are increasingly important.
- With multiple social/political causes, DotOUT supports the Black Lives Matter cause and is exploring further ways to engage.
- In this new age of recovery, social events need to be carefully planned with a focus on the virtual. We will be working towards this approach.
- Our high-profile, award winning floats in both Dorchester Day and Boston Pride parades will someday rise again: Dorchester Reporter, Boston Globe and Universal Hub. Until then we will work on themed virtual events.
- Our lively social media presence is seen online at MassLive. DotOUT is a known social influencer in Dorchester and South Boston.
- Volunteer efforts at food banks, delivery services, educational assistance, linkage to social services.
- Reengage with our partnerships with OneBoston, Boston Pride, Dorchester Day and local Main Street organizations.
- DotOUT has donated over $35,000 back to our community.
The following sponsor enrollment information is for reference only, until our recovery phase allows…
Checks payable to Dorchester Outstanding Alliance can be mailed to: Mark Haley, Treasurer DotOUT, 42 Plympton St, Boston, MA 02116
Logo level sponsors: Please email high resolution digital logo in PDF or JPEG format to email@example.com no later than May 18 to meet promotional materials print deadlines.