And…. DotOUT members’ questions have been answered. You can download the PDF file HERE.
Four of the 5 candidates for the 13th Suffolk seat answered our members questions. The candidates answers are available for download under DotOUT’s shared files option.
Thank you to the four candidates who responded:
LIAM CURRAN, DAN HUNT, PJ MCCANN, JOHN O’TOOLE
DotOUT MEMBERS’ 10 QUESTIONS
1. What are the three issues you believe should be a priority in
2. What is your position with regard to the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day parade continuing to exclude LGBTQ groups from participating and will you pledge not to participate and/or march in the parade until they inclusive to LGBTQ groups?
3. What actions would you take to ensure that all citizens have access to HIV/AIDS services & resources?
4. What steps will you take to decrease violence and insure safety for all residents in Dorchester?
5. What actions would you take to ensure that attention is brought to LGBT victims of violence including domestic violence and what have you done to reduce violence against LGBT residents?
6. As you may know, suicide is the leading cause of death among gay and lesbian youth. Approximately 40% of homeless youth are LGBT, and approximately 28% of gay & lesbians drop out of high school because of verbal and physical abuse. Given these startling statistics, what actions have you taken or will you take to address these important issues?
7. It is believed that there are anywhere between 1.6 to 3.2 million gay men and women who are 65 or older. Many of these LGBT elders are invisible to mainstream elder service providers and also invisible to the LGBT community as a whole. What actions would you take to ensure that LGBT elders have access to elder services and resources?
8. Massachusetts’ education officials this past year have issued new guidelines governing the inclusion of transgender students. Do you support these guidelines and what actions will you take to insure the transgender community is treated with dignity and respect?
9. How have you supported the LGBTQ community in the past?
10. If endorsed by DotOUT what would you do with our endorsement?